Every day our skin is exposed to harmful light waves, and not just from the sun.
Even if it isn't sunny, we are being attacked by the suns different wavelengths. We’ve all heard of the damages of UVA and UVB, but we are now learning about damage caused by blue light.
We need to protect our skin against not only the sun but from light from our digital devices. Devices like our phones and computer screens emit a type of blue light that our bodies were not designed to handle in large quantities, but modern life has increased our exposure so much that we are just now seeing how harmful its effects really are.
The impact of blue light:
- DNA damage
- Micro-inflammation that stimulates skin darkening
- Weakens the skin’s barrier
"We need to protect our skin against UV radiation and the blue light spectrum."
Easy ways to protect yourself from blue light damage and UV
- Use a blue light screen shield on your phone or tablet.
- Use a ‘nightshift’ mode on your phone or tablet
- Wear polarized sunglasses
- Wear serums containing antioxidants
- Wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with zinc oxide or titanium dioxide